smytt.ru MONTHLY CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
- All stories submitted must be the original work of the person submitting them, and the
author must have the legal right to submit the story to smytt.ru.
By submitting the story to the site and/or contest, you are simply
granting us the non-exclusive right to publish the story on smytt.ru.
You retain all copyrights to your work. Only new stories which meet
all existing smytt.ru criteria are eligible for the contest.
- Every story in every category accepted for publication on smytt.ru
during the month will be eligible for that month’s contest. Stories
submitted during the month will not be eligible for any further
month’s contest. (i.e. A story submitted on April 14th
will be eligible to win the April contest, but will not be eligible
for the May contest.)
- Stories must receive at least 50 votes to be eligible
for any contest or category nomination. In the event that there
are no stories with more than 50 votes in a particular contest
or nomination category, then stories with 25 or more votes will
be considered. If no story has more than 25 votes in a contest
or nomination category, then stories with 10 or more votes will
be considered. If no story has more than 10 votes in a contest
or nomination category, then stories with any number of votes will
- Votes for the month’s stories will be tallied after
the 15th of the following month. (i.e. The voting on
stories submitted during April will be closed on May 15th.)
smytt.ru will determine the winners based on the voting score
of votes the story has accumulated from the first of the contest
month to the sometime after 15th of the following
- The three stories with the best vote score during that time
will win prizes as follows – First Place: $150 cash prize; Second
Place: $100 cash prize; Third Place: $75 cash prize
- In the event of two submissions have the same highest vote score, the submission with the most votes wins. If both submissions have the same score AND the same number of votes, then a tie is declared and both submissions are winners.
- Individuals are only eligible to place in one monthly contest in any 6-month
period (i.e. If you win in January, you cannot win again until
July). Also, no individual may win more than one prize in any one contest.
In the case of two stories by the same individual qualifying for two
or three prizes, only the higher prize will be awarded.
Individuals are not eligible to place in two consecutive special contests in a row. For example, if you win Summer Lovin', then you are not eligible for Halloween. You are, however, eligible to win in the Winter Holidays contest
An individual may win in one (1) monthly
contest and one (1) theme contest within a 6-month period. However,
single story can only win one monthly or theme contest. (i.e. If
a story is deemed a winner in the Valentine's Day contest, that
story cannot win the February contest.) A submission
is eligible to win in one contest only - previously submitted stories
are not eligible.
- Winning stories will be posted on the Contest page
of smytt.ru after the tallies have been made.
- Authors of winning stories agree to grant smytt.ru the
non-exclusive right to display their story for a period of no less
than 24 months from the end date of the contest. This requirement
is simply here to make sure that award-winning stories stay on the
site for long enough for future readers to enjoy them. Authors retain
all copyrights to their stories - you are just agreeing to not remove
your story from the site for at least two years if you win.
- Cash prizes are only available to individuals residing within the United States. Winning authors residing outside of the U.S. may take their winnings in the form of an Amazon gift certificate for the USD equlivalent of their prize amount.
Individuals residing within the U.S. may also choose to take their prize as an Amazon gift certificate.
- smytt.ru reserves the right to disqualify without
notice or explanation any story in which any kind of cheating or
vote-tampering is suspected. Turning off voting on a story at any point - for any reason - disqualifies a submission from any and all contests winnings. We also reserve the right to change
the rules, cancel the contest, substitute prizes, remove any votes
which we deem fraudulent, or refuse to publish any story for any
or no reason. We are not responsible for stories or votes that disappear
because of hardware or software problems or human error. We reserve
the right to ban anyone from the contest who we suspect is cheating
in any way, including but not limited to vote tampering and copyright
- If you have any questions regarding any of the above or anything
pertaining to our contests, feel free to contact us .